Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Quick Elegant Lunch




Since I work from home, lunch is usually a solitary affair. Which means it often constitutes easy-to-make dishes or leftovers from the night before. This White-Cut Chicken Salad is one of my favourites. It is light, tasty and extremely elegant at the same time. The chicken was left over from last night's Hainanese Chicken Rice dinner - a dish almost all Chinese Singaporeans will tell you is the ultimate comfort food. I laid it on a bed of fresh baby spinach and made an Oriental-ish dressing of light soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, olive oil and a few drops of sesame oil. A handful of chopped red chillies and spring onions sprinkled over the top anoints the salad with a dash of colour and a good dose of heat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ilva said...

Sounds like a perfect lunch when you are working, I too work at home and if I eat a heavy lunch I risk falling asleep...

5:13 pm  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

I wish I worked at home!! (Hope my students don't read that.) This looks great for lunch.

9:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home